How to create a garden that will always be in trend? Style is fleeting and changeable, and gardens are not created for one year.
Landscaping of the garden is not a quick matter, therefore, fashion here is changing more slowly than in other areas of life. But landscape designers still highlight trends that are relevant for 2021. They are approximately the same throughout the world: a modern garden is a place for happiness. Therefore, homeowners should not be exhausted, creating a landscape design of a summer cottage, and therefore, in the garden trends 2021 there should be fruit trees and even beds (the realization that you yourself grow products should strengthen the feeling of happiness). We’ll talk about new trends in more detail.
1. Take it easy
The more disorder in the garden, the less joy there is from it. A groomed garden is annoying and frustrating. On the other hand, we are all head over heels busy with work, family, study, hobbies, travel … Therefore, an important trend in landscape design is to simplify the garden.
For this, gardeners will:
- grow perennials, and group them according to how much they need watering.
- place plants so that they do not create unnecessary work. For example, a pond or a pool should not have a tree that throws leaves into it, or a garden path should not have a bush that grows strongly, blocks the path and therefore requires frequent pruning.
- use autowatering. In general, modern horticultural trends are telling us to automate everything we can.
- choose durable materials that are easy to care for, make live borders for the tracks so that they are less likely to sweep, and so on.
2. Create an impressive relaxation area
Designers formulate this trend as follows: “Why go on vacation once a year, if you can make such a courtyard that you will feel like on vacation all year round!” It is necessary to create a recreation area in which you will feel no worse than in any seaside hotel. And yes, you need to choose unpretentious plants for her – to kill oneself in gardening is not a trend.
Western designers propose to enhance the comfort of the recreation area with the following solutions:
- Equip a speaker system in the recreation area (it must be properly protected from the weather) to listen to your favorite music.
- To buy or make really good garden furniture with your own hands. This will take your suburban life to a new level.
- Make good lighting. No one regretted spending the money on this.
- If there is no normal barbecue area, or an outdoor stove, or a good barbecue, then it’s time to make them. Such moments of life as dinner in the open air are expensive.
3. Make the ordinary beautiful
Any garden is full of objects that cannot be classified as MAFs; rather, these are small outbuildings. Awnings under which something is stored, compost boxes … The trend is that these objects no longer cut their eyes with their inappropriateness. But they are not hidden, but, on the contrary, focus on them, just now these things should be beautiful.
What is offered here? Use old, vintage items to help write your story for the garden. You can try to push off the design of some favorite attraction, and use it to decorate your object. It will be unbanal and interesting.
This trend is also associated with the insane rhythm of modern life. You need a place where you can hide from all the problems and worries and relax. Perhaps it will be a platform for yoga and meditation, or just a hammock in the corner of the garden, or an outdoor jacuzzi. Closed spaces are no less important than beautiful, great prospects, it is an important part of modern gardening philosophy.
Leading landscape artists and architects recommend:
- Include in such a secluded area at least a tiny body of water;
- To make sure that there is enough space for two in this place – sometimes you even want to retire with someone very close and pleasant;
- Decorate the space with plants with lush crowns;
- Such a place can be arranged behind the wall of a building to provide maximum privacy;
- You can specifically protect such a zone with a pergola or a living wall of tall plants;
- The color scheme for the design of this place should be as neutral and calm as possible.
5. Increase the joy of meeting the garden
The garden should delight from the first minutes, as soon as the homeowner enters its territory. The spectacular entrance to the garden is an important trend for the upcoming season. There are simple ways to achieve this effect:
- Put tall containers with beautiful plants at the gate;
- Along the path from the gate to the house, plant fragrant plants;
- Be sure to make an interesting coverage;
- The entrance group of the house is decorated with plants, the colors of which combine well with the color of the doors.
- If the path rises from the gate to the house by steps, this also needs to be beaten – to grow moss, or to plant creeping plants in crevices.
6. Grow Food
Integrating a garden into the garden is not a new trend, but in recent years it has become very relevant. People who used to be limited only to lawns and ornamental trees begin to plant tomato bushes in flower beds, or to make decorative beds, or to plant fruit bushes. It’s just that more and more people are starting to think about what they eat, and try to give preference to natural, environmentally friendly products.
The trend is to grow fruits even in the most limited space.
7. There should be good furniture in the garden
Inexpressive, in every sense cheap garden furniture is a thing of the past. Now gardeners all over the world are gradually switching to very high-quality tables and chairs, possibly made by themselves, resistant to atmospheric effects. It is believed that garden furniture should be such as to serve for many years. Ideally, do it yourself and pass it on to children. Of course, it should be as comfortable and very beautiful as possible.
Other important trends of the new season are also from the series “garden for happiness, not for work.” They are as follows:
less lawn, more ground cover plants and cereals;
- soft zoning, less strict lines, more blurry borders;
- the garden continues the house, overlooks the kitchen, dining room, even the living room;
- rain gardens and a bio plateau come into fashion.
- shrubs are beginning to be of great importance, from them create groups and even large arrays that take the place of elements that are difficult to create and which are difficult to care for: the lawn, compound mixborders, molded hedges. Trees and shrubs with a topiary haircut are absolutely not in trend.
- umbrella plants are becoming extremely popular. They create an air haze for the garden, soften its shape;
- rockeries and alpine hills go in and out of fashion, but they are still very appropriate in gardens with a pronounced slope.
In general, the trend of the past years continues – the garden becomes more and more like a fragment of the wild, beautiful is considered to be natural, which is favored by lack of maintenance and simplicity. However, it cannot be said that a modern garden costs homeowners cheaper, by no means. We have to invest in mechanization and automation of labor, expensive furniture, lighting. But gardening is one of the most exciting hobbies that a person can have, and it pays off.
Leave A Comment